Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Another Day to Pray 4/15/09

Reaching out! We need your faith.
We need help and we need prayers. It is another day and we are about the same. Kensley is having loose stools. It is starting to cause her bottom to be chapped, even though I constantly put cream on it. She is only having about three stools a day, which is good, but they are still watery. It is probably because of the antibiotics that the doctors have her on right now. Antibiotics can make the strongest of people have diarrhea. The doctors keep suspecting that she has bacterial overgrowth in her bowel, which is very common for short gut kids. All I know is that we need her bowel to work efficiently and perfectly, for her to start gaining weight, stop having watery stools, and maintain her fluid level on her own. These are our prayer requests. Most of you know that I have been struggling with Kensley's condition lately. I started this terrifying journey almost a year ago holding on to the strength and faith that I had in God. I put a smile on my face and told everyone that I was just waiting on God. Well, I waited and waited, and things got better, but they did not "get good". I wanted Kensley to escape this affliction. And so far, that has not happened. It has been over 10 months of being overwhelmed by diarrhea diapers, broken central lines, trying desperately to keep things sterile and keep my other children from feeling left behind, take care of my husband, house and dogs. The life that we had, the life we wanted, the life we planned is over. I guess I just needed some time to mourn. Time to come to terms with this new life and find hope in the things that are going right. God knew that. He also knew that my strength is not the part of the story that He wants to highlight. I had to become weak to show His power. I have to be totally completely utterly dependent upon Him, and I am-NOW. There is no way that I could continually change these diapers, deal with these medical procedure, and fluids, and blood draws, if God himself wasn't holding me up. My Hope has waned, but His is strong. I am so glad that even when I can't believe in myself, the Lord does. Pray for us, we will be praying for you. I also ask that you pray for all children with this issue. Now that I am in this situation, I am discovering sooooo many children who have this issue or one very similar. Some are making it, some are desperate for a transplant, but all are so special. May God bless them all and give their parents the strength to be caregivers, and parents. And, May God bless those who pray. Prayer is the most important weapon that God gives us. Pray for each other. In the meantime, we will be here calling on the blood of Jesus and asking for a complete healing. Tana

3 comments:

MamaMathis said...

2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

This is a hard verse to understand unless your going through a trial and see God's hand in all the good and bad. It takes a strong person to boast about their weaknesses, yet all of us who are so encouraged by you and your family see clearly your power being perfected. We will be praying very specifically!

love, rhonda and the mathis'

Lori said...

I went through something very similar 10-11 months into all this with Caed. You can only live on adrenaline for so long....ha. I had a time of mourning too. The Lord was SO Faithful!! And I definitely had a renewed spirit a few weeks later. My heart goes out to you. I KNOW!!! I am living it as well (in a different way). You all are always in our prayers!!

btw....has anyone told you what a CUTE baby you have?!?!

Love you guys.....Lori

Robin said...

Tana,
Forgive my lack of prayer commitment to you and your precious family. I have been where you are and I know how claustrophobic it can be, and how guilty I felt for feeling somewhat trapped. I also know that prayer is transcendent.
I love you, and will be a prayer warrior for you, J. and the kids; all three of them!
A stranger came to Kate's pedi icu room at umc almost exactly 18 years ago. She brought me "a word from God." She read to me
Psalm 139:13-16, and it has been both my hope and my rope these many years as God has perfomed a miracle on Kate. I pray that meditating on these words might help you as it did me.
God love you, Tana, and I'll see you soon. Love you, Robin