Tuesday, July 6, 2010

2 years 2 months and 8 days , July 6, 2010

OUR TRIP TO OMAHA, NE
2010
Picking Flowers in Kansas


Kensley's First Swim EVER!

Kids with Dad at the Park in Omaha


Choo-Choo ride at the Omaha Zoo



Omaha Zoo



Buffalo in Oklahoma

Picnic in Oklahoma


I can not tell everyone who prays for us and thinks of us and helps us, thank you enough. The past two years have not been easy, but they have been worth it. Kensley is doing great! We just got back from our annual appointment in Omaha, NE. It was great and we got a great report. No, she is not CURED, but healed. She will always have SBS (Short Bowel Syndrome), meaning that she will have more stools and be more sensitive to certain foods. There will be times of vomiting, bloating, and always diarrhea, but it looks like there will NOT be surgeries, or transplants, or central lines. Wow! I can not tell you how this makes me feel. God is good. In his providence he delivered our child, the child who was not supposed to live, or eat on her own, or grow or anything. Now she laughs and plays and runs and loves and EATS.

There are always people who ask me what I learned through all this or how my faith has grown or my life has changed. These questions are almost too complicated to answer. There are many fine points that have changed and many lessons learned and my faith has definitely evolved, but not because of Kensley's condition. These changes came because of love. The love of Jesus, the love of family, the love of friends. In spite of all the poopy diapers, and the late hours, and the days in the hospital, and the time away from my family, and the illnesses, the surgeries, the central lines, the tube feeds, the medical needs, etc, etc., there was always love poured THROUGH our tired and weary souls. So much so, that our wells never ran dry even in the worst of times. Sometimes we were close to losing our minds, and faith, and strength, but somehow we held on to each other and made it through. I found out that my husband really is a knight in shining armour. I found out that my children are amazing and worth every heartache and headache. The reward of being their mother is enough. I found out that people really care. They pray and give and pray and give some more. I found out that I can survive the worst of nightmares and that even when I want to give up, God never gives up on me. So love ....longer than you have to, deeper than you want to, and more than you think you are capable of. God will never let your well run dry either. Hugs from Heaven, Tana







3 comments:

miss amy said...

tana, she looks SO GOOD!!! i cannot believe that is the tiny girl that i wheeled down to surgery when she was barely a week old. she has come so far, and i am SO proud of you guys. what an example of enduring faith. thanks for continuing to share, and give her a BIG hug from me! ~amy :)

MamaMathis said...

What blessed news!! I am currently on hold changing our address with numerous services....yes, we are moving to TX! Kingsville, TX. So, getting to see these precious pictures of your remarkable family was a real treat indeed!! We love you guys and pray for even more miracles! Thanks for taking the time to share!!

love, rhonda

Crystal said...

Tana, you just made my day...week...month...year!!! Kensley is so beautiful and such a miracle! God is so good and that sweet little girl has been put on this earth to do great things!! I am overwhelming happy that she is doing so good! Please know that I still think of you guys often and pray for you always!! You and your family have touched my heart in so many special ways!! Love you guys lots!!! Please give all 3 of the kids a big hug for me!!