Thursday, September 23, 2010

A new September


Just two short years ago, Kensley and I were living in Omaha, NE. I was desparately looking for hope. Hope that Kensley could live. I never dared to hope that things would become more normal. And yet here we are. Things are not perfect. Kensley is growing very, very very slowly, but she does seem to be growing. Her stools are very liquid most of the time, but here is the great part...Kensley is starting to potty train, and she is doing great. Most of the time she poops in the potty. This is amazing. Our house doesn't smell horrible. The carpet is not being constantly stained with leaking diapers, and our clothes are not destroyed. We actually get to do many normal things. Kensley is an active, VERY ACTIVE, two year old that is doing everything a two year old should. Playing, eating, potty training, and enjoying life. Praise be to God.


3 comments:

MamaMathis said...

You all amaze me and encourage me!! Our God is so awesome!

Lori said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! (as I am potty training too) Praise God for the "little things."

Tessa said...

Glad to hear things are progressing positively!!!!!! Sorry I missed J on his last trip South! We continue to pray for your family!