Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Stranger's Prayer 1/25/09

It has been a long time since my last blog. Time has really gotten away from us, but I had to share this God moment with all of you. J., Kensley and I traveled to Omaha on Monday, January 19th. We flew for the first time. I was nervous about how Kensley would handle the flight, but she did great. She slept most of the time and was happy and playing the rest of the time. It was a blessing. She recovered from all of her illnesses and teething and such by the time we left for Omaha, so all was good. I remember feeling anxious about the appointments. I don't really know why. I think it is because I have really been expecting a turning point or break through when Kensley is around 9 months (This is another story). So anyway, we made it through our first flight to Dallas. Then we made it to Omaha. As soon as we got off the plane we were heading to the hospital to have labs drawn. As we got off the plane, we stopped to pick up our carseat and stroller which were gate checked. There was a pilot there waiting to get on the plane. He noticed Kensley's NG tube and asked J. why we were coming to Omaha. J. explained and the man immediately asked if he could pray for her. I was so touched. There we were with a complete stranger calling on the name of Jesus to heal our little girl. I don't know how many times I have said that same prayer, but to have a complete stranger pray those same words. I can not describe what I felt or what it meant to me. It was as if God was saying. I am here. I am listening. I will never leave you. He was just using a complete stranger to do it. So, if you have that overwhelming urge to pray for some one, JUST DO IT. You may never know how much they need it. Hugs from Heaven, Tana

2 comments:

MamaMathis said...

Thank you so much for the update and the great reminder that the people in our path are there for a reason! God is good! We continue to pray for healing and no more "bumps" in the road.

love, rhonda

Lori said...

That's awesome!! What did the docs have to say this time?