Saturday, January 10, 2009

Listening, Waiting and Praying 1/10/09

Well our trial continues. Kensley is back on a slight version of TPN. This is of course the one thing that we did not want, but if it helps her recover from the virus and the teething and the growth spurt, then we will do what we must. (Definition-IV fluid become TPN when nutritional elements are added to normal fluid, such as protein, vitamins, etc. ) Our TPN has a little protein because Kensley has to go off of tube feeds to stop stooling and throwing up, which is causing her to dehydrate. This TPN will last 3 days and then we will draw labs again on Monday. Pray that it works and we can go back to IV fluids soon. All of these trials have really put me to the test. You see this weekend is my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary and all the family is surprising them with a reception, all the family except Kensley and I. Because of this difficulty we could not go. I had to send Kaydee and Cooper down with my sister-in-law, and again we did not get to be a family. I cried and cried. It just got to me that once again we are separated. Then all the negative thoughts started coming, the doubt and the fear. Well, enough of that! Jesus told us to fear not and have peace, and I am calling on it. With great trials come great blessing and one day we will see those blessings. I am tired of being afraid and worrying. God is my father and He wants to give His children wonderful blessing. So I'm here and I may be here for a while longer, just staying close to home, cleaning poop, doing laundry, feeding Kensley (we haven't left the house in 3 days), but here I will be listening, waiting and praying to God. I hope you'll join me, because I know that God is working to being our family a blessing, just like he is working to bring you one also. Hugs from Heaven, Keep the faith, Tana

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Awe, here is a great big hug for you! Anytime you need some help or just some company please do not hesitate to give me a call! I am always here! Love ya lots and praying for our baby girl!!

Lori said...

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this right now! Please know we are still praying............

Lori

MJ said...

Hi Tana! So sorry that things are not going as well as they could/should, but I know that God and you together will conquer this bump in the road. There are so many that are praying for you and your family. Keep your eyes looking upward and know that a lot of love surrounds you. God joined you as a family and even though the miles separate you, the spirit of your family as a whole is still there. They miss you too and so do I. Many squeezes are coming your way. MJ

Lori said...

Weird. That wasn't the comment I wrote yesterday. ha! Anyway, what I said was.....that is so awesome how the Lord provides for us and talks to us using complete strangers. How did the clinic visit go?

Much love.....Lori