Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Family having Lunch! 11/6/08


Update: Today Kensley weighed 14lbs and 7oz. She looking great and sleeping well at night. I praise God for our improvement everyday. She is still having loose and watery stools, but only 5 or 6 a day. For a baby without complication, that would be a lot of stools, but for a SBS (Short Bowel Syndrome) child, it isn't too bad. She is beginning to eat her baby food well also. This should start making her stools thicker, but it hasn't worked yet. Kaydee and Cooper are really settling into being great big sister and brother. I am sooooo proud of them. Both of them have that famous wisdom of babes. Wisdom #1: The other day, we decided to grab a quick lunch at Wendy's before J. had to leave for Grapevine, Texas on a business trip. Kensley had just had a bottle and she wouldn't eat again for a couple of hours so I took one of her teething biscuits for her to chew on as the rest of us ate. We all got our food and sat down to eat. After we had been at it for a few minutes, Kaydee said, "Hey Mom, we are ALL eating together." And we were! I started crying. There we were in Wendy having a major miracle happen to our family. J. was eating, I was eating, Kaydee was eating, Cooper was eating, and Kensley was gnawing away at a teeth biscuit. WE WERE EATING TOGETHER! I can't remember all the times that I prayed that there would be a time that we would all get to set down and eat together. Praise the Lord. I hope it is a sign of the good things to come and many more shared moments around the table. Wisdom #2: J. and I were talking yesterday and I mentioned how worried I was about potty training Kensley. I just can't imagine trying to train a little person who has to go sooooo often and soooo quickly how to make it to the potty on time. So I said to J., "I just don't know how I am going to potty train Kensley." Cooper was laying in the floor watching cartoon and he turned around and said, "Why? You potty trained us didn't ya? You'll figure it out." Then, as calmly as he made the statement, he turned back around and started watching cartoons again. J. and I just looked at each other and smiled. From the mouth of babes...Maybe we ought to start asking the kids how to run the country. Hugs from Heaven, Tana

Cooper(Scooby Doo) and Kaydee (Josephina-The American Girl Doll)


The gang trick or treating.

Kensley's Harvest Outfit.











2 comments:

Lori said...

Praising God for this "first!" I know there will be many more to come!! Love you guys......when are y'all headed back up here?

Still prayin'...............Lori

MamaMathis said...

What a great way to start my day! I just love reading about God's faithfulness and especially Kaydee and Cooper's perspectives. THanks for the pictures too!! We have printed some off to share with our small group on Sunday evening. We all continue to pray for you and praise God for the progress!

love, rhonda