Monday, November 10, 2008

Still surviving 11/10/08










Kensley lost 3 oz due to the stomach thing that she has. It does not appear that we have a line infection, but we are going to have blood draws again tomorrow. We are also going to test for bacterial overgrowth which is common for SBS kid. Overall, she has feels OK, but there are times when you can see that she does not feel great. We had to remove the current NG tube and replace it today, so we took the chance to have a few tubeless pictures. This is getting very hard for me. I just couldn't get the tube in right today. I made her left nostril bleed slightly and the tube just kept curling. So I did get the tube back in her right nostril. She cried and cried, so I cried and cried. I just can't stand to hurt my baby. I haven't gotten much sleep in the past few days. I am tired and worried and sad. And I pray that God will deliver me from this. I know that the NG tube does not hurt her for long, but it hurts me for days later. I desperately want to find that place where I don't worry about Kensley living to see another day, to that place where we don't have to cause her pain just to keep her growing. Please God, deliver us. Heal Kensley, and give me the strength to wait on You. Just tonight Cooper said to me, 'I wish our baby wasn't so sick'. Dear Lord, I pray for that too, and I pray for all sick babies and children and their parents. Nothing could be harder, and no one needs for prayers. So I ask God to be with us tonight. Give us peace and rest to cope with another day and be strong for our children. Please read John 9:1-5. It has helped me a lot. Hugs from Heaven, Tana








5 comments:

MamaMathis said...

Dear Tana,

Thank you for sharing not only the wonderful pictures, but the reality and your sorrows. I checked the blog before I went to bed, and decided to go ahead and read the passage in John. I can't imagine how tired you must be, and the burden you face daily even when you are more rested. You, your little angel, and the rest of your family ARE displaying the work of God in your lives, and so many of us are so very grateful for you and your faith!! I pray that you are already sleeping as I write this, and you will wake in the morning with His overwhelming peace and a rested heart and body! I pray that Kensley will feel better and gain her 3 oz. back plus more. I pray for family harmony and smoothness in your daily routine, and I thank God that you remind all of us who think we are so "busy" to remember our blessings as we are so amazed by all that you are doing with such grace and faith! Good night and sleep tight sister!

In Him,
rhonda

Lori said...

I completely understand and second all you are feeling! It is hard....but our God is the Overcomer! It may be a long road (seemingly), but He will not give us more than we can handle. I know you know this my dear sister. Hang in there.....as will I. We will get through all this!!!!

Love you,
Lori

MJ said...

Good afternoon Tana! Thought I would 'check in on you' and am so glad I did. I know God led me at this moment to let you know that you are prayed for daily and loved more than you can imagine. Kensley is such a beautiful child and mimics the joy of her brother and sister--mama & daddy. Your great faith and strength has inspired so many and rest assured that God holds you in His healing hands as well. LOL MJ

Melissa B said...

Dear Lord, Give strength and courage to this wonderful family as we all lift them up in prayer. Heal this beautiful baby girl and make her body healthy Lord! Give them peace and much needed rest, and listen to their hearts for they love you - make their burden light and show them the wonders only you can! In your Son's precious name - AMEN!

Huthouse said...

Hey Tana,
MJ mentioned you were having a hard week, so I thought I'd check in. The worries and concerns of a mother can be so overwhelming on a day to day basis. I will be praying for His peace to fill you to overflowing. You and the family are in our prayers.
Tammy