Thursday, October 23, 2008

13 pounds and 2 ounces! 10/23/08

We did it! For a day anyway, Kensley weighed 13 pounds and 2 ounces, which is more than double her birth weight. Praise be to God. Of course she may fluctuate back down within the next few days, but I was very excited considering the day I had yesterday. Kensley played and smiled and was happy all day today. She had a good day, but she did stool more loosely and more frequently today. I think this is just going to be a way of life for a while. Thankfully J. is home safe. Kaydee and Cooper are excited because Daddy is taking them on an Indian Campers Camp out to Roaring Springs this weekend. They have been sooooo great this week by helping out and keeping their rooms tidy. I am very proud of them and thank God that he blessed me with such wonderful little souls to make my days wonderful even when they are hectic. I had the pleasure of making lunch for my dear friend Mitzi today (a belated birthday lunch). It made me reflect on something I read once (I can't remember where): God uses people to wipe the tears of those who hurt. Although there were no tears today, I want to thank all of you, my friends, who have wiped my tears through your notes and responses and cards and hugs and smiles. All these things you have given me in love. I can not thank you enough, but I am so glad God used you. Hugs from Heaven, Tana

1 comment:

Melissa B said...

Tana, I am so happy Kensley is gaining weight! That is so awesome! It sounds like you have had a pretty rough week though I have been without my laptop so I am reading an catching up on everyone today. I have been thinking about you all and praying as well.