Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I have always loved Scooby Doo 10-1-08

God gave me Cooper Free, Scooby Doo's #1 fan, for a reason. As a kid, I loved all things Scooby Doo. Of course, I wanted to be Daphne, but I solved mysteries and tried to get my dog Tip to talk all the time. Sometime I just knew he understood what I was saying. Well, Cooper is an even greater Scooby Doo fan than I. He would watch Scooby movies and cartoons all day if I let him. So, just yesterday, as Kensley slept I flip through the channels and found none other than Scooby Doo. I watched and pretended that Cooper was with me. I thought about my children, all three of them. There are so many things that I love about just spending time with them. Hugging Cooper tight as he pretends to be scared about some Scooby mystery that he has seen 100 times. Talking quietly just before bedtime with Kaydee about her day and her concerns and her joys, as I run my fingers through her hair. Holding Kensley against my chest as she falls to sleep hearing my heart beat. All these things remind me to love all of life, good and bad. Children touch our lives and make our moments worth living. They give us honesty when no one else will and they just want love and time. No wonder God tells us to like children (Matthew 18:3-4). So, today I encourage you to hug and hold your children no matter their age, talk to them, love them, play with them, and LEARN from them. Hugs from Heaven, Tana
Prayer requests:
Kensley is still stooling too loosely. She has gone through several feeding changes and they always make her stools loose. It is my prayer that her stools thicken up, so that she absorbs more nutrients and water from the food she eats.
Caed seems to be gaining weight. My prayer is that he continues to gains and feel better everyday. I also pray that his intestine continues to adapt and grow everyday.
Jake has received his miracle heart and is still recovering. This is a very critical time, and although the reports I have received say that he is doing well, I pray for a hedge of protection around Jake and his family as they go through this time.
I also pray for all who read this blog and who pray with me and support my family everyday. You are a blessing to my life and I could not go on without you. May God bless you and Jesus walk beside you.

4 comments:

MamaMathis said...

Every day I anxiously check on your blog link to find new updates and encouragement! I think of you and pray for you, Kensley, and your family many times during the day, and then try to remember to not take any of my daily activities with my family for granted! I can't wait for you to get back to your home and family! We continue to pray for Kensley's healing, as well as healing for your friends' children. You described Kensley as a "ray of sunshine"! Our little Amy Kaye loves the Sun Beam song so I hear it A LOT! :-) I think of you and how you are letting your light shine in these circumstances. I am so proud of you!

Much love,
Rhonda

Denise P said...

Tana, I can't begin to tell you how much of an inspiration you have been, to me and to anyone else who reads your blog every day. I pray for walls of healing and protection for you and yours, for all those that you have requested prayer for, and for all the many thousands, and maybe millions more, throughout the world who are faithfully enduring lifes struggles. God Bless You All!!!!

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

Tana, I love you guys and I am always thinking of you! Kaydee was so proud of her earrings on Sunday. She came running up to me and said "Did You See? Did You See?" She is so beautiful! I also watched Scooby Doo and thought about you all night last night! Ally and I talked about how much Cooper LOVES Scooby Doo and she told me all about how her and Cooper build the mystery machine with those foam blocks in the Nursery! haha Please know I am aways thinking and praying for you and your family. You mean so much to us!