Thursday, October 30, 2008

What happens to the day 10/31/08

The only chance I get to blog is when everyone else is asleep and all the other chores are done, which is usually around 11pm or 11:30pm. I have notice that these late blogs are getting sloppy. Sorry that I am leaving out words here or there or just plain blowing the grammar test. I am simply tired. J. travels a lot with his job, so I have done the baby nurse, mommy, taxi driver, tutor, baker, seamstress thing alone for about two weeks. I am starting to get a little frazzled. Don't worry though, I planning on scheduling a break soon (even if it is only for a couple of hours). The good news is that I have shown myself that I CAN DO IT. With the help of the Lord, I am making it. Kensley is getting all of her infusions and tubes taken care of. The kids are getting homework done and to school on time. I have taken the kids to dentist appointments, dance class, and birthday parties. I am making caramel apples, costumes, and other special projects. I can not possibly keep this up forever, but I am surviving. After all, it is just mommy duty with the extra nurse duties thrown in. Most all moms have to do as much(and they say Sarah Palin isn't qualified) J. has been working very hard too. He has a new territory and new responsibilities. So if you get a chance to pray for us, we need strength and rest and patience. Kensley needs to remain healthy and growing, and Kaydee and Cooper need peace and patience as we settle into being a family of five. As always I will be praying for you. Hugs from Heaven, Tana
Prayer requests: Please pray for little Jack as he continues to recover from being hit by a car. He is doing OK now and is expected to recover. Pray for a speedy recovery and to be home and healthy as soon as possible. I have a strong feeling that we should pray for Jack's lovely mom, Nicole. She has started a new job and this must be an especially trying time for her. Blessing to Nicole.
Pray for Caed as he remains in Omaha with his mom. He is having a much needed visit with Dad and sister right now. Pray that this time is special and meaningful, and that it will carry Caed and Lori through until they get to come home in three more weeks.
Pray that Jake continues to recover and thrive after his heart transplant. He is doing remarkably well. Pray that it continues.

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

Tana,
Susan made me a picture to hang from my front door when the girls were little. It is from Phyllis Diller of all people:
"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing". It's a blizzard for you!
Hang in there! You are an awsome Mom!
Love ya!
~M~