Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thanks for the Lemonade 10/21/08

I am a Chris Rice fan. For those of you who do not know him, he is a christian music artist. Well, he wrote and recorded a song called, Thanks for the Lemonade. It is a play on the 'If life gives you lemons, make lemonade' saying. Sometimes it is easier to see the lemon and not the lemonade. I was recently talking to a lady in her 70's. She was lamenting over all the things that she had not done in her life, such as snow skiing or white water rafting or going to see Mt. Rushmore. She was truly ranking her life as all lemons, even though God had blessed her with the love of her life for 49 years and 4 grown independent healthy children (which is a miracle in itself) If you look at my life right now, you might think that I received some pretty big lemons, and sometimes I might feel that way too. But in my car with this song playing in the CD player, I listened to Kaydee and Cooper sing the words at the top of their lungs as Kensley laughed at them. I smiled and thanked God for the lemonade. It is pretty sweet. Hugs from Heaven, Tana
Prayer requests: Kensley did not gain any weight this morning and we still need 3 more ounces. She is also stooling looser and more frequently today. Pray for thickness and fewer stools.
Caed has his sister with him for a while, what a praise! Continue to pray that he makes progress and that his time in NE will productive and fast!
Pray for J. as he travels.

1 comment:

robcoope said...

Hi my friend! It was so good to see all of you Sunday! You are gorgeous as always and I can't believe how big Kensley, Cooper and Kaydee are all getting. If you need any help with the house, laundry, etc., just yell at me and I will be more than happy to help you! You have always been a rock for me and I am ready to let you lean on me for a change :) Love you, Robin