Sunday, October 26, 2008

6 Months and Counting 10/26/08

On Tuesday, October 28th, Kensley will be 6 months old. There was a time when I feared we would never get here. I prayed and prayed. I asked Jesus to heal our precious little baby. I cried out to God in the name of Jesus. I did it all! And I tried to have COMPLETE faith. But, I am human. My faith was as complete as my human self would let it. My faith has always been there, sometimes big and sometimes small. I have always kept this feeling that somehow it was going to be alright, no matter how many doubts would go through my mind. Now, don't get me wrong. We are not out of the woods yet. Unfortunately, the woods will last for years, but when I started the journey, I wasn't even sure that I could stay of the path, much less make through the woods. Around every corner there was another wolf waiting to nip at our heals. But, as you can see...
Little pink riding hood has not been worried. All she knows is that she is happy and playing. Every day she rolls and scoots on her back more. She loves to eat and grow. Her favorite playthings are Kaydee and Cooper, and life is just fine! And she is right! For now, it is enough to celebrate being 6 months old, happy and thriving. She loves and laughs and brings such joy to our family every moment, that we find it hard not to celebrate each day. There are challenges ahead and this is a very hard thing to do, but so is having cancer or losing a loved one or being unemployed or having an addiction. The list could go on and on. Jesus did not do all that he did so that we would fail and let trials and challenges defeat us. He didn't even let death defeat Him. So, rejoice in the little moments of victory, pray through the moments of mistake and failure, and smile for God is with you every moment. Read Act 3:1-16, and remember nothing can keep you down when you have the power of Jesus on your side. Hugs from Heaven, Tana
Prayer requests:
I got the most wonderful picture of Jake today. He is sooooo cute! He is making remarkable progress and recovering so well from his heart transplant. Praise God for big wonderful miracles. Caed and his family are just great people who have gone through a huge challenge. I have come to love them and wish great blessing for them. I know God have good things in store for them. Their faith will carry them through this, but we need always to go to God on their behalf for strength and encouragement. I ask that everyone pray that Caed's recovery be as quick as possible. I ask that everyone prays for T-ball. Caed is just a wonderful little boy who likes to wonderful little boy things, like play T-ball. Next summer would be his first year of T-ball,so pray that he gets his chance. Pray that if he is still on some sort of feeding or fluid therapy through his central line or G-tube, it will be only at night and he will still get to participate. God gives us our dreams and He wants them to come true. I pray in the name of Jesus that this one comes true for Caed.
Pray that Kensley continues to progress, gain, and thrive, and that we avoid sickness through her first year. This will greatly increase her chances for a normal life.
Pray for all moms who have to be nurses too. It is hard enough to be a mom, but when you add the tasks of a nurse, it can be very overwhelming.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Thank you for your encouraging words! I needed them especially this morning.........

Love you!
Lori

MamaMathis said...

Dear Tana,

We not only pray with you, but rejoice with you, and thank God for the blessing and witness you are to so many!! Thanks for the updates and especially the sweet picture of little pink riding hood!

Blessings,
rhonda mathis

Tessa said...

I saw J. today. It's been several years. I was home nursing my recent broken arm received from a steer show nontheless. As he told me of your journey my heart ached. We are all given a cross to bare and hope our prayers will help you carry yours!

Tessa Bowman

Mitzi said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday to You!
Happy 1/2 Birthday to You!
Happy 1/2 Birthday to our sweet Kensley!
Happy 1/2 Birthday to You!
Love,
Mitzi
PS Tana only 3 more to go to the magic 9!