Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Night in Nebraska 10/4/08

Hello, I'm finally back on line. I am using a local wireless signal, but it is just an unsecured network that I can randomly log on to, soooo... sometimes it just won't let me on. I am sorry to all those who check this site daily. Don't stop! But please accept my apologies for the skipped days. They are beyond my control.

Today, J. arrived to spend the last week in Omaha with me. Yes, I said last week. I should be home by the 11th of October. I can not believe that we have been here 6 weeks. It really went by fast. Kensley started this adventure at 8lbs 9oz on August 31st and today she weighs 11lbs 8oz (that is basically 3lbs in 6weeks). She has also grown 2 inches longer, and her head circumference has gone from 39cm to 42cm. Wow! She is on the growth chart in weight (barely at the 5% weight, 20% and 25% on height and head respectively). This has really been a blessing for us, and our time is not truly over. We will return in 6weeks for our first out-patient appointment. All of our daily care will be ordered by the doctors here in Nebraska but go through our GI doctor in Lubbock. We will be e-mailing back and forth daily chart sheets and we will have a weekly conference call with our nurse coordinator. I will admit that I am a little nervous about going home, but the doctors have confidence in our abilities to monitor and take care of Kensley's needs. With that and God, we will be alright. Kensley has still been having watery stools, but the number has gone down. All I can do is pray for thicker and fewer stools. I never in my life thought I would be praying about poop! Well, poop is a major concern in my life now. It takes up quite a lot of my thoughts, prayers, and time. Yes, God does have a sense of humor. Let's face it, people are funny, and if we are made in God image then it is easy to see why a good laugh is a blessing from God. So remember to laugh today. It just might be a hug from Heaven, Tana

Prayer Requests:

Praise be to God, Caed and Jake seem to be doing better. Caed has gained some weight. Jake is eating playing and there is talk of him being home by Christmas (Wow, after a heart transplant). Keep them in your prayers, pray without ceasing!

Pray for Kensley. She is stooling a bit too much and too loosely. Pray that her stools slow down and thicken.

Pray for a special American family in Germany. They are a sweet family with 5 children, 4 of which are under 4 years of age. One has celrebral palsy. They are having financial difficulty due the medical issues. I know it must be hard to be so far from home, with no family, and little support.

Blessings to all of you.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

YEAH! I am so glad Kensley is doing sooo well! I can't believe the amazing progress she has made!I can't wait to talk to you and see you again! I miss you lots and lots! Please know you never leave my thoughts and prayers! Ally wants me to tell you hi and that she misses you and Kensley! Love you guys!!

Crystal

natalie said...

hey,mwhat exciting news that your coming home.Your blog has been a blessing. I Love you, would love to come see you and Kensley when you get home. (:God Bless Natalie

Mitzi said...

Tana,
Well I made it though my birthday! We had lots of fun at our "Haunted Luau"! The kids and Bruce decorated the house like a Hawaii since I couldn't go to the beach, but I also have all my Halloween decorations up.
We are so excited you will be coming home soon. We have missed you so much. I know Kaydee and Cooper can hardly wait. Here are the two blogs for Janette in Germany. They bring you up to date on their situation. Breaks my heart what people have to go though!
Janette Meyer
www.cpcantbeatme.blogspot.com
www.fivegirlsisenough.blogspot.com
See you soon! Be safe and know we all love you and Kensley (and J. too!)
~M~

MamaMathis said...

Yeah, Kensley made the charts! I had to laugh because there have been times that only MOrgan's head made the chart! :-) Miles hangs in there at the 15% line and Amy just a little below that. We are so excited for you all and the opportunity to be reunited as a family! We will pray for easy transitions, continued growth and health for Kensley and lots of peace for the whole family. I hope you will have lots of opportunities to watch some Scooby Doo episodes. Morgan did well in her first shows. SHe sold one lamb in El Paso and one in Las Cruces. You will appreciate this: She has prayed from the beginning that her ewe lambs would be used for a "breeding program" rather than go to the "packer". Clay has reminded her repeatedly that this was very unlikely to happen, but she kept praying. When she left the ring on Sat. night the tears started to flood, and we heard someone saying come back, come back! The buyer gave it back to her, and she has already sold it again to a "breeder". Oh, the faith of a child!! :-)

Blessings to yall in Nebraska!
Rhonda and the Mathis family