Sunday, October 19, 2008

Climbing Mount Laundry

Home again and climbing the great mountain range known as Mt. Laundry. It seems to grow bigger every day and sprout satellite hills in each bedroom. Some of the hills consist of clean clothes that have been taken out of the dryer, but not folded or put away. Some of the hills consist of dirty clothes sorted into the correct color combination for the washer. About the time I get one washed and put away, another grows. Mt. Baby Laundry is a daily climb with special detergent! I am sure some of you are thinking back to the time when your children were small, and the daily tasks seemed overwhelming. Well, sometimes they just are! You have to take care of the big rocks and let the little ones lie. There is an old saying that goes, 'If you want to visit, come on over. If you want to visit my house, make an appointment'. In the midst of overwhelming daily grind, a clean house becomes a very little rock. So, I am sending out a prayer for all the mothers of infants and little ones. We just have to hang in there. It will be easier someday and all the hardship will be rewarded. Even Kensley with all her extra feedings, and diapers and supplements and special schedules is getting easier to take care of (or I'm just getting used to it). It is no secret that this has not been the easiest year of my life, but after a trial God loves to bless you when you keep the faith and keep praising Him. And... just to give me a little hope boost, the Lord led me to Isaiah 61 (The Year of the Lord's Favor). If you need a little hope, read the chapter and claim your crown of beauty instead of ashes. The Lord knows I need it. Like many of you, I am tired, nervous, rushed and overwhelmed (not to mention my personal over scheduled and over weight problems) All these things added to Mt. Laundry can wreck havoc on your peace and self esteem. Well, no more! I am claiming my crown of beauty, throwing out the ashes and counting my blessings now. J. has continued to be my partner in all of this. He supports and loves and tells me each day (even though it is a blatant lie) that I am beautiful. Kensley grows and laughs and plays and tries to make things as normal as she can for Mommy, and Kaydee and Cooper make me laugh everyday. It is going to be a great year-No matter who is president! Hugs from Heaven, Tana
Prayer requests: For Kensley to remain as healthy as possible and to continue to grow.
For Caed to continue to make progress and for the doctors to make the right decisions for his case.
For Jake to continue to get stronger.
For churches and pastors and church leadership to stay true to the Bible and create a Biblical world view and not a world altered Bible view.
For all of you, who encourage and love and remain the hands and feet of Jesus on earth.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Todd was just asking me last night about you guys. So glad to hear about the laundry and all those things that can overwhlem us. You know what that means don't you? You are finally, after ALL these months, getting to simply be a wife and Mommy (and nurse, of course!). But, you could be in NE or you could be living up at Covenant Hospital. God is pouring "mountains and mountains" of blessings on YOU! I'm not saying that all is back to normal, for you and I know it won't be that for a long time. (and what is "normal" anyway?) But, just know I am so encouraged from your blog today. I am longing to climb a few of those mountains myself!

Love you!
Lori

MamaMathis said...

Well, I had just sorted my own laundry moutains when I checked your blog early this morning! :-) I decided not to reply until I read Isaiah 61. Wow! I smiled as I thought of all the people that you have brought the "good news" to, the brokenhearted that Jesus is using you to encourage, and how you continue to glorify Him in all that you are planting in not only your own family's lives, but all of us connected to you. J. isn't lying! You are beautiful!! J. sees the garland and not the ashes, and I am sure he is even more encouraged by you than the rest of us! Have a great Monday and week! Thanks for the update!!

In Him,
Rhonda Mathis

MJ said...

Hi Sweet Lady! I'm sure by now you have gotten my phone message. I so miss your great smile every day. Keep on plowing through and you will evenutually get the mountains leveled. Give me a call, I would like to share something with you. Hugs, MJ