Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Monday 9/29/08

Today was lab day. Kensley's labs looked good. And, for all of you who were praying we me, God is good. Her stools have looked better today than they have in several days. She is napping well and eating well too. So we will see how today turns out. Tomorrow is Clinic day! This journey that I am traveling with Kensley is so consuming. I am not even sure that is the right word. There are times of heartbreak, joy, fear, frustration, triumph and defeat. Sometimes I can not image being able to handle all that this chronic condition will require. Sometimes I just want God to miraculously fix Kensley. Sometimes I just want to go back in time and erase it or fix it or something. I can not do anything to change our situation, our journey. The question is where will our journey lead, what will it teach us, how will it touch others. I am often overwhelmed by the daily needs of this condition. The medicine, the tubes, the limited feedings sometimes get to me. All I know is that I love this little girl and I hope she can overcome these trials. Praise God, HOPE, hope always gets to me. It is all I have. "(Love) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres...And these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." So, here I am. I hope that I can encourage you to love and have faith that God will see you through. Hugs from Heaven, Tana

3 comments:

Melissa B said...

Tana, I feel so bad for you and Lori going through this with your kids so far away from home. It must be such a drain mentally and physically! Just know you have people thinking about and praying for you all the time!!

Happy Go Lucky said...

Tana,
The love chapter is my VERY favorite. When you get home, I want us to have a visit. I know from my own experiences with our son that you must just live day to day. Do everything you must for the current day and let GOD take care of it all. It is not an easy thing to do, but I think you are doing it so well. Jaroy and I send our love and prayers to you and yours.
Much love,
Bennie Moore

Mitzi said...

Tana,
Thinking about you on lab day. I know it seems like things are so overwhelming. I am amazed at all the things Kensley is doing. I think about the days in the hospital as we waited in the surgery waiting room for hours not knowing if she would even make it though the surgery. I know this is all so hard for you, but I am so greatful you are not having to learn to live WITHOUT her! She has brought so many people great joy and brought people closer to God and his Word. God gave her to you because He knew you could do it! I wish we could all be there to help you. Or just come over and break up the days. Know you are in our thoughts and prayers everyday!
Miss you guys!
~M~