Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cabin Fever! 9/16/08

Cabin Fever! Boy have I got it. I feel very restless and anxious. Probably because today is Kaydee's birthday and I am not there and today is Doctor Day, which is always a hectic morning. It was a great appointment. Kensley is up to 10 pounds and 5 ounces. Her labs look good and her IRP team was very pleased. I have to tell you about Dr. Mercer. It is so wonderful to meet a doctor who isn't just doing a job, but his life's work. Today I had Kensley on the exam table (cute purple outfit and purple headband included) when Dr. Mercer came in and kneeled down and took her little hand between his fingers. He just held it and talked to her. God Bless Dr. Mercer. He has young children of his own and he wants Kensley to do well, not to make his stats better, but to make her better. Then there is Brandy, and Brandi, and Valerie, and Dr. Grant, and many more. They are great. Praise God that I am here! Now having said that, I am so ready to get out of this apartment. I want to go home and, I am craving Mexican food. I have been told that it is OK to take Kensley out, but with her tubes and feeding I have been reluctant to do so. We are doing so well that I don't want to take any chances that might make our long term stay longer. I am sooooo tired of drive thru food and frozen dinners and CSI on TV (Do you know how many CSI and Law&Order re-runs there are everyday?). YES, I am whining! Guess I'm human after all. Don't worry though, I've got more than human help. His name is Jesus. AND, J. and the kids will be here on Thursday (which is probably why I feel so anxious). There is always a blessing around the corner! It's just hard to wait til you get around the corner. So if something is making you restless or anxious, thank God for what you have now and keep waiting for what is just around the corner. Hug from Heaven, Tana
Prayer Requests:
Pray for Kensley's continued progress, no infections or feeding/stooling issues. Pray for our precious little friend Caed (curiousaboutcaed.blogspot.com). He had a scope performed today, and although I am sure the doctors here gave the best of care, it is always scary to put a five year old through any medical procedure or test. Pray for Jake, who is doing better, as he waits for a heart transplant. Pray for Melissa as she battles Lyme disease and MS. And please know that I pray for everyone who reads this blog, that you might be forever blessed and feel the love of Jesus Christ in your life.

4 comments:

Melissa B said...

Tana, You are awesome! Thanks so much for the prayer requests for me! I wish I could hug you and help you get out of that room! I get cabin fever often, but it is usually me that keeps us in! Praise God that Kensley is gaining weight - how wonderful! Get some rest before the kids get there and enjoy your visit - you need it!

Joy said...

So happy to hear that Kensley is gaining weight and that you have loving medical people surrounding her and you. There will be a great celebration in Omaha on Thursday!! I know how happy you will all be to be together. Have lots of fun! Love, Joy

Missy said...

Hi Tana,

I just played catch-up reading your posts...what a gift of inspiration. Every word is so encouraging! Kensley continues to thrive; you'll be with your whole family on Thursday; it stopped raining; the passion of your Omaha medical team... Your posts remind me of the poem we read in school yesterday, called "Pippa's Song" by Robert Browning. It ends with "God's in His heaven - All's right with the world!" Doesn't that just make you feel like you're all wrapped up in a cozy blanket? I love the image and feeling.

We hopefully and faithfully offer up prayer, daily, for Kensley, Caed, Jake and others in our lives in need of prayer...our prayer list, picture of Kensley, Kaydee and Cooper, along with P.U.S.H. is now in our school room and part of our morning routine. Blessings to you all! Enjoy your family this weekend! Love, Missy~Alex~Rick

MJ said...

Good morning sweet lady. I am so-o excited that Kensley is still moving forward. Your vivid descriptive picture of Dr. Mercer and Kensley's precisous tiny hand just gave me goose bumbs. I wish I could just ship you some Mexican food--and sometimes I've said "i've had that 3 days in a row...." I too am excited for your little family to be reeunited for the weekend. Everything is moving and shaking today with BSF ladies all over the church. It is wonderful to see the vibrant life come in each Wednesday morning. Feel my hugs and know my prayers are being lifted for each of you. Hope to see you very soon. Smiles--MJ