Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Now Faithful and Free in Omaha Nebraska

We are officially in Nebraska. Kensley, J and I arrived on Monday and had our first doctors visit on Tuesday. Everything went very well and her labs looked good. She has been gaining weight like mad lately (mostly due to the increased TPN levels) but she is getting back on the growth chart. We should be able to start decreasing the TPN sometime next week.

J will fly out in the morning to be with Kaydee & Cooper. He will also do some traveling with his job the next few weeks before he and the kids fly back up here for a weekend visit so we can celebrate Kaydee's birthday. We are still hoping to get back home towards the end of September or at the very latest mid October. Your prayers and encouragement have meant the world to our family.

I always remind myself, that although J. and I are going through this with Kensley, this is HER story, HER testimony, HER scars. She will be the one who tells the world what Jesus is doing to heal her body. J. and I are just the blessed people who get to be her parents, and I can not thank Him enough for the chance to be the mommy of three wonderful children who each make me proud in every way.

May God bless each of you and Jesus lead you every day.
Hugs from Heaven,
Tana

4 comments:

Mitzi said...

Yea Kensley! We are so proud of her weight gain. I am so glad God led you to the wonderful doctors in Nebraska. We miss you, but are so happy Kensley is doing better. Lots of hugs to both of you!
The Flournoy Family

Cathy W said...

Hi Tana,

What wonderful news! I know you are on top of the world with this & yet miss the rest of your family, fortunately you have made them strong and God will keep them that way. I love the name of your blog! You and your family are in our prayers.
Cathy Webb

Unknown said...

I am so pleased that Kensley is doing better. JoAnne and I think of you all daily. Cody and Chase ask how you and the baby are. Just know that so many of us are praying and pulling for you and your family. Hang in there, I am sure things will smooth out and get better.

Sheryl said...

Tana,
I love your blog! We are so glad to hear Kensley is gaining weight. We will continue to lift you guys up in prayer. I hope the next month or so goes by really fast for you so you can all be together again!
Sheryl Stephens