Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Morning 9/22/08

I did not get to blog yesterday. I took J. and the kids to the airport at 7:00am and cried until noon. I just couldn't help it. I missed them so much, but I know that Kensley is improving. She had been pooping a little too much, so please pray for her to slow down. Every time we make a formula change she has to adjust to it. She weighs 10 pounds and 9 ounces and has remained there for three days. This is a big change for me because she has been gaining weight every night. I hope we have not reached a plateau yet. The doctors tell me that while on the IRP program we will reach plateaus and have to make changes at that time to keep growing. I was worried that the family visit this weekend was too much for her, but so far her labs look OK. The fact is that this a a chronic condition and we will live with this for the rest of our lives. Now having vented all my worries, let me tell you this. Worrying is a part of the human experience. We all do it, mostly over things that we can not change or fix or handle. Some people even let worry turn into fear which leads to regret. They worry so much that they fear doing something, so they do nothing, and regret it for the rest of their lives. Every morning I pray for Kensley, some times with tears and worry in my voice. Then I say the words, "It is in your hands Lord, and I trust you." Some times I think I am just giving those words lip service. After all what could be harder, but I know that trusting the Lord is the only thing getting us through this. Maybe those last words really do the trick, I TRUST YOU. 'In God We Trust' is even on U.S. currency. If you truly trust someone, can you really fear and worry? No. So, here I am in Omaha Nebraska missing my husband and Kaydee and Cooper, knowing that my home and kids will have to go through grandparent withdrawal once I get back, knowing that I am only taking the first of many steps and trails with Kensley, but trusting. Trusting that my children are in good hands at home and here because God is guiding us all. I can do all things with Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13) So, if you are worried about something, or afraid to do something, just trust Him and go forward. Sometimes you have to walk the walk to understand the talk. Hugs from Heaven, Tana
Prayer requests:
Please pray for my mom and my mom-in-law and dad-in-law as they have given up quite a lot of their time and life to help our family go through this. Please pray for Kensley that she might continue to adapt and absorb with fewer and fewer stools. Please pray for Caed who is dealing with a bacterial overgrowth in his intestine. We pray that the antibiotic therapy will be successful in dealing with this issue and he will no longer have diarrhea. Please pray and praise God for the blessing of a new baby for my friends Gery and Julie. They are wonderful people and will make wonderful parents some time in March 2009. Praise God for Jake and pray for his continued recovery from a heart transplant. Pray for doctors that do their job, not for money or prestige, but for the love of helping people.

2 comments:

MamaMathis said...

Thanks for sharing about Gery and Julie! What wonderful news! You are so right, "With God all things are possible." I know you are experiencing His provision and prescence in very authentic ways right now. I hope you will see the rest of your family again soon, and will pray for God's peace to get you by until then! My email is mathis@fastwave.biz. could you send me yours? Your family is always in our prayers and praises!

In Him,
Rhonda Mathis

MJ said...

Hi Tana! I really enjoyed the pictures of your weekend. Everyone looked like they were happy, happy to be together.
Mom you were very brave to help with Kaydee's ear piercing -- I probaly would have e-e-e-ked with her. Ha! Kensley's movie debut for the world was awesome. Cooper seemed to be having a great time too. So glad ALL of you were together--it warms my heart. We'll be glad when you can come home. Hugs and more hugs, MJ