Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Feeling the Pressure 9/24/08

Well, as J. and I discussed the Omaha exit strategy, I could tell he was beginning to feel the pressure. J. has new territory responsibilities now that his company and another have merged. It is a good thing, because there were several people who were offered a severance package and not a job, but now he will have to learn a new territory. Luckily most of the customers are acquaintances and well known to J. So, the pressure list begins with job pressure. Then add to that pressure the fact that we have to bring Kensley home away from her team of doctors. Plus, every time that we bring her back and forth to Omaha she loses several ounces and feels bad for two days. I think we will have to discuss with the doctors the long distance appointments and J. needs a more exact schedule so that he can plan his business trips around the appointments if possible. As hard as it is for me to feel so separated and left out of Kaydee's and Cooper's lives, it is also hard for J. to feel so left out and separated from Kensley's care. I guess this is one of those times that we have to remember to pray for every little decision and every little step that we make. I need more patience and understanding and decisions that are not only kind and loving but logical and efficient. No pressure there! The simple truth is that THIS IS HARD. The expense, the separation, the many decisions all wreak havoc on our lives. So now it is a time for a breather, a moment of silence, or another way of putting it...TIME TO LET GOD IN. Try reading Proverbs 3:5-6. So, through it all I feel God's hand on my back supporting and pushing me through. Sometimes I get a little depressed about how far we have to go, and I forget how far we have come. Thank you God for the road we have already travel and for teaching me so much about myself, my husband, my children and you. Hugs from Heaven, Tana
Prayer requests:
Pray for Kensley, Caed, and Jake. Pray for everyone who is cleaning up after hurricane Ike. Pray for J. and I as we make the transition back to Lubbock. Blessing to all who read this.

3 comments:

Parker Posse said...

We are so thankful that you guys and Kelby's family weren't affected by the layoffs. We'll be praying you through this transition. Please feel free to stop in Weatherford if you need a travel break on the road to/from Omaha - we'd love to have you.

The Parkers
David, Lori, Katy, Kell & Tucker Dean
Weatherford, OK

Melissa B said...

Tana, You refernce Proverbs in your blog tonight and our church is doing a study of the whole book this week so I have been reading it myself. I have to say one of my favorite memory verses is Prov. 3:5-6. I can only imagine the stress your family is going through and will pray about it for you! Get some rest lay it all down for God to pick up!

Crystal said...

Tana I know that this must be so hard for all of you. You are such an amazing mom, wife, and friend. I stand in awe at your courage! Please know we are all thinking and praying for you! We love you very much! Give Kensley a nose snuggle for me!!