Friday, September 19, 2008

Family Reunited 9/19/08

Yesterday I picked J., Kaydee and Cooper up at the airport. They came up for a weekend visit. I couldn't believe how wonderful it was just to see them standing there at the airport, and when I finally got my arms around them, I did not want to let go. Today we all went to the zoo. The Omaha Zoo is really good. Kensley even enjoyed it. Being together is wonderful, a little loud and crowded, but wonderful. The update on Jake is that the transplant went well, and is in that critical recovery time. Thank you all for following us through this journey. We love you all. I am cutting this blog short so I can spend as much time as possible with J. and the kids. Hugs from Heaven, Tana


(Kensley Happy to see Kaydee & Cooper)

(My Whole Crew at the Zoo)


(showing daddy how I eat solid food)



Prayer requests:
Travel mercies for J., Kaydee and Cooper as they go home on Sunday morning. Pray especially for Caed today as he had his weekly dressing change today, and because it is a totally different nurse and system and a totally different way of doing the change. This is very traumatic for a five year old. Pray hard. Pray for Jake as he continues to recover and for the donor family as they grieve. God bless you all.

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

J. & Tana,
Thanks for getting the recent pictures of Kensley on the blog. She looks so wonderful. Her arms look twice as round as they were when you left. What a precious smile she has. Speaking of smiles, Kaydee and Cooper look so happy to be a family together again. I am so happy you are all together right now. What a blessing it is that Kensley is able to go to the zoo with you. After all those days in the hospital, it is wonderful to see her out in the world experiencing all that God has to show her!
Love you guys!
~M~

MamaMathis said...

Enjoy your time together! THanks for the update on Jake too!

In Him,
Rhonda

D'dee said...

Yea, yea, yea! Glad you got to see the fam! I know they were so excited to see Mamma too! Smiles...the best! Praying hard for those other little ones out there that are going through tough times. Hugs! D'dee