Sunday, September 28, 2008

Good and Bad Days 9/28/08

Today is Kensley's 5th month birthday. She is officially 5 months old. She really looks great and things have been going well. The doctors told me that there would be good days and bad days, and plateaus. I wouldn't call this a bad day, but maybe a mediocre day. The day started out OK. Kensley has been stooling a bit more lately and they have been more loose and liquid than I like. She has still been gaining weight, but today she put more out than she took in. Tomorrow (Monday) we have labs drawn and I will have to have the NG tube re-inserted. The one that the home health nurse put in is too short. It is placed correctly, but the part that extends out of the nose does not hang down long enough so that Kensley can not roll on it or pull it out. But you know I feel like tomorrow is going to be a good day. Why? Because God is already there. I am going to pray right now. I am going to call upon my Father God, the great creator and wonderful provider. I am going to pray for all those I know of that need the help of God and I am going to ask for Kensley to be healed and for her stools to slow down and thicken. And then I am going to believe that it will happen. It will happen. I will not let the bad days or the bumps rattle my faith. Two of my favorite movies are "Father of the Bride" and "Father of the Bride II". While Kensley was in the NICU and everyone told me that she would not make and if she did she would not have much of a life, on the few times that I got to go home for a shower, I would drive by a house that reminded me of the "Father of the Bride" house. This house is as picture perfect as the house in the movie where the wedding was held. Well, I would drive by that house and say to myself that I would see Kensley grown and Kensley married. I would dance at her reception. It was my image of faith. I can picture her wedding now. I will see it. I am believing for it. What are you going to believe? If seeing is believing, then start seeing. Put that image in your mind and start believing. Believe with me and we will see miracles happen. Hugs from Heaven, Tana
Prayers: Kensley, Caed, Jake, Mellisa, Lee, Laura, J., Kaydee, Cooper and all the un-named people that need the special hand of God in their lives tonight. And if you don't mind pray for me and I will be praying for you. I need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

Becky Harris said...

Tana, You keep believing!!!!That is one of Gods ways of telling you He is with you and will always be.
That precious little girl is sooooo beautiful,,,,,she has your great smile!! It is great to read about you and J making plans to go home......how awesome! We will pray for continued healing for Kensley and an easy transition for the family.
Please tell Kaydee and Cooper we are so proud of them for being such a good big brother and big sister to Kensley. We are praying for you and your family. We love and miss you all.
Becky Harris